Have you ever thought of what you didn’t know about the Coca-Cola brand? Have you thought of the recipe and why it has remained one of the most famous brands in the world for several decades? Then pay attention to these 10 things you didn’t Know About the Coca-Cola Brand.
Want to learn about Storytelling Skills and Content Creation Strategy? Then, AClasses Content Academy.
1. The History of Coca-Cola Brand
The Coca-Cola brand is an American multinational company with strong global recognition. Popularly known as Coke or Cola, the Coca-Cola drink was invented in May 1886 in Columbus, Georgia by a pharmacist known as John Stith Pemberton.
The Logo and the brand were designed by his friend, Frank Robinson.
In 1888, shortly before his death, John Stith Pemberton sold the brand and formula to Asa Griggs Candler for $238.98 and the company was incorporated in 1891.
Though incorporated in Wilmington, Delaware, the Company has its headquarters in Atlanta Georgia.
The Coca-Cola brand is worth an estimate of $97.9 billion as of 2022, and there is no doubt that Coca-Cola is a great brand to study even if you are currently running a small business.
2. The Logo of Coca-Cola Brand
The great Coca-Cola Brand and logo were designed by Frank Robinson using the unique, flowing “Spencerian font” which is the company’s registered trademark to this day and is typically used in patent offices for formal writing including (invitations, formal letters, business correspondence) and more.
The Coca-Cola brand flows in two unique colors, white and red, and that underscores the true art and beauty of the brand to this day. Thanks to a unique design, their logos and brand are recognized worldwide to this day.
3. The Coca-Cola brand and inventions
The Coca-Cola brand invented so many products and has a portfolio of more than 3,500 beverages and 500 brands including (Soft drinks, soy-based drinks, and energy drinks).
The Coca-Cola brand also owns a whopping 20 brands that generate and include more than $1 billion in annual sales. They include:
Aquarius, Ayataka, Dasani, Del Valle, Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola Zero, Glaceau Vitamin Water, Diet come, Bon Aqua, Minute Maid Pulpy, Schweppes, Simply, Sprite, Powerade, Ilohas, Minute Maid, Fanta, Fuze Tea, Georgia Coffee, and Cold peak.
All these are Coca-Cola products that generate great sales all year round. Now, who consumes Coca-Cola drinks? That’s number 4 on our list today.
4. The Coca-Cola top consumers
Research from 2013 shows that Mexicans and Americans are the top consumers of Coca-Cola products.
The average citizen in Mexico consumes about 745 Servings of coke per year, while America consumes 401 per year according to the chart.
However, Coca-Cola is sold and recognized in more than 200 countries, which means the intake of the product is massive and generates sales around the world.
5. Coca-Cola Brand Portfolio
The Coca-Cola brand has written a great story of its own and may even boast several portfolios in the future.
- The Coca-cola brand introduced its “Six-pack carriers” in 1923. It had 6 bottles of Coca-Cola in a long rectangular cardboard design with its bright red and white logo and was specifically designed for consumers to buy and carry multiple bottles.
- Coca-cola also invented Santa. Yes, I mean the real Christmas Santa Claus we all know that looks plump with so many beards and big belly costumes wearing a red and white Santa Claus.
Actually, Coca-Cola did not create the legend of Santa Claus, but through the company’s marketing campaigns, the cheerful character we know today as Santa Claus was shaped in the minds of many people.
- In 1931, the company commissioned a Michigan-born illustrator, Haddon Sundblom to paint images of Santa Claus, holding Coca-Cola bottles. That was a big boost to the legend of Santa Claus, worldwide.
6. The Coca-Cola Recipe
The Coca-Cola drinks are said to be made from two main ingredients, coca leaves, and kola nut, and they are closely monitored by regulatory authorities.
Some research shows that only 2 people in the Cola industry know the true formula for the drink and are never allowed to travel together. Also, the secret recipe has been the same for over 130 years and still counting.
The real written recipe was never published nor revealed to the public and is actually stored in a vault where no one can access it.
There are rumors that the Coca-Cola drink has a variety of flavors including; Orange, Cinnamon oil, Nutmeg oil, Lemon oil, Lime, caramel, and Vanilla which combines all the recipes for a great Coca-Cola flavor.
7. Medical benefits of Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola drinks are said to have significant medical benefits and are used for home cleaning.
Coca-Cola is said to cure a nerve condition called Hysteria. Also, the drink is believed to cure Gastric Phytobezoars also known as an indigestible mass trapped in the digestive system.
Other medical benefits of Coca-Cola are that:
- It helps for easy digestion,
- Gain energy,
- and eliminates nausea.
8. Drink temperature and sponsorships for Coca-Cola Brand
The perfect temperature for drinking Coca-Cola is 34–38-degree Fahrenheit.
It is also known that Coke drink was a great sponsor to international events such as the FIFA football competition and the Olympics in Amsterdam in 1928. They have also advertised in the FIFA world cup stadium since the 1950s.
In 1976, FIFA and Coke represented the first agreement on sponsorship between the company and an international sports authority.
The Coca-Cola brand is known for different priorities that include,
- Youth development,
- Economic empowerment,
- Recycling of water
- And entrepreneurship for women.
9. The Coca-cola Bottle Brand
In 1915, the trustees of the Coca-Cola brand bottling association asked a bottling company to design a sophisticated bottle that everyone will easily recognize.
The Root glass company bagged the deal and created the iconic green bottle and this made Coke move with the season.
The Coca-Cola bottle was originally formed as a cocoa pod. Research says the company wanted to model the bottle after the coca leaf and kola nut recipe but they didn’t know what they looked like and it couldn’t be found anywhere.
Instead, they were inspired by the cocoa pod shape, and called the bottle “contour”.
10. General Information of the Coca-Cola brand
The Coca-Cola brand has a great history and interesting information to know, some of which are:
- The former Coca-Cola secretary (Joya Williams) received 8 years imprisonment for trying to sell the company’s secret recipe to a rival – 2007.
- The Russian General (Georgy Zhukov) had a weakness for Coca-Cola and personally asked the company to create a white coke in a clear bottle that resembles Vodka for him to enjoy. He did this because he fought in world war I & II and didn’t want his fellow Russians to see him drinking American coke.
- In 1985, coke became the first soda to be drunk in space on the Challenger space shuttle. Also, research has shown that coke is not sold in countries like Cuba and North Korea.
Conclusion of teh things you didn’t know about the Coca-Cola brand
The Coca-Cola Company is best known for producing the popular drink, Coca-Cola. In addition to that, The Coca-Cola Company manufactures, sells, and markets other nonalcoholic beverages such as Sprite and Fanta.
Now, which of these 10 things you did not Know About the Coca-Cola Brand before now. Let me know in the comment section below.
Join AClasses Content Academy if you want to learn more about Content Creation Strategy and how to leverage content for your Business.